Dr. Romans has extensive training and experience in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. He has performed thousands of procedures since his arrival to the central coast in 1996. Dr. Romans received his plastic surgery training at Wake Forest University. While there, he worked with world class plastic surgeons that passed on their approach to plastic surgery to him. To this training he added his own artistic ability and the resulting product is a surgeon with a passion for superior results and top-quality medical care.
With his excellent results and sterling reputation, he commonly gets patients from all over California. He has even had patients come from out-of-state and international sites. He keeps up with the latest techniques and skillfully applies them to all his patients. Dr. Romans is an advanced injector for injectable fillers such as Restylane®, Juvéderm® and Botox®. With the use of these injectables he can erase years and give almost anyone a rested and youthful appearance.
He really enjoys cosmetic surgery, but he feels that the continued use of the ability to do complex reconstructive surgery is critical.
Dr. Romans feels strongly that it is important that plastic surgeons maintain their roots in all areas of plastic surgery. While he really enjoys cosmetic surgery, he feels that the continued use of the ability to do complex reconstructive surgery is critical. The skills required to do the most complex of reconstructive procedures hones the techniques of a plastic surgeon and makes him or her that much better of a cosmetic surgeon.
Dr. Romans is married and has two children. He has many hobbies including computers, violin playing, running, and reading. His professional sports passions include Baseball, Football, and Hockey. Dr. Romans retired with an honorable discharge as a Major from the United States Army Reserves in August 2002 after serving in a reserve capacity for 12 years.
- Medical School: Loma Linda University Medical School
- General Surgery Residency: Michigan State University
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Wake Forest University
- Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of SurgeryThis makes Dr. Romans one of only two Plastic Surgeons boarded in two ABMS specialties practicing in the Central Coast area
- Salinas Valley Memorial HospitalChief of Staff at Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital from October 2007 until October 2009
- Natividad Medical Center
- Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- The California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The California Medical Association
- The Monterey County Medical Society