Firm and sleek thighs are desirable by both men and women. Achieving and maintaining sexy thighs, however, is easier said than done. When a person starts gaining weight, thighs are some of the first areas to attract extra fat. To add insult to injury, thigh fat is usually less responsive to exercise.
You can achieve your dream of getting rid of stubborn thigh fat thanks to the thigh-lift procedure. Are you ready to get enviable thighs?
The Thigh Lift
A thigh lift is performed to get rid of excess skin and thigh fat. The focus of the procedure is to recontour the patient’s thighs.
Inner thigh lifts and outer thigh lifts can be performed. When deciding the type of thigh lift to be performed, the plastic surgeon considers factors such as the patient’s goals and the nature and extent of the issues.
Inner thigh-lift incisions often involve creating an incision in the groin area that extends to the back of the thigh. Alternatively, many surgeons create an incision along the inseam to remove excess fat from the groin area up to the knee.
Outer thigh-lift incisions run from the groin to across the back of the thigh. Thanks to advancements in medical science, thigh-lift incisions can be easily concealed.
An ideal candidate for a thigh lift is someone who:
• Has recently lost weight and wants to get rid of excess skin
• Has excess soft tissues
• Has been maintaining a stable weight
• Does not drinks or smokes heavily
• Is mentally and physically healthy
• Can commit to maintaining a healthy lifestyle
The Thigh-Lift Procedure
The first step of your thigh lift will involve numbing the incision site. For this purpose, the surgeon uses general anesthesia or local anesthesia with intravenous sedation.
Once the anesthesia takes its effect, the surgeon starts recontouring the area from the groin extending up to the knee (in the case of inner thigh lifts).
An outer thigh lift is a more complex and involved process and involves recontouring the outer thighs and the buttocks as well. Usually, surgeons performing the process need to remove more tissue to achieve the desired look.
The final step of the thigh lift involves closing the incisions with skin glue, clips, or sutures. A thigh lift is performed as an outpatient procedure. The entire procedure takes anywhere from two to three hours.
• Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements.
• Limit your sun exposure.
• Stop consuming alcohol and smoking at least two weeks before surgery.
• Get a detailed physical examination done.
• Avoid having thigh-vein treatments before your surgery.
• Avoid eating or drinking anything (including water) 12 hours before surgery.
Post-Operative Care Directions
• Wear your compression garment for at least a week after surgery in order to help control post-operative swelling.
• Avoid physically demanding activities for at least four to six weeks after the procedure.
• Take painkillers as prescribed by your plastic surgeon.
Get Fitter Thighs
Many patients come in for a thigh lift to get fit and toned thighs. To recontour your thighs, contact our office and arrange an informative consultation. Doctors Matthew Romans and Jeremy Silk are skilled board-certified plastic surgeons with years of experience.